The size of the billion-dollar cryptocurrency market is a testament to the burgeoning popularity and global adoption of cryptocurrencies. The number of cryptocurrencies has reached approximately 6,000, and the market has witnessed an incredible increase in the number of crypto investors over the past decade.
Earlier, people preferred Bitcoin mining to earn rewards, however, the reduction in block rewards shifted people’s interest towards launching crypto exchange platforms and knowing how to make a cryptocurrency exchange website. Businesses and entrepreneurs globally are choosing to create crypto exchange platform to enter the crypto market and rake in huge profits. Coinbase, one of the leading crypto exchange platforms, hit a massive $585 million in profit in Q4 of 2020 alone.
The stats reveal that the decision to start a crypto exchange is a big opportunity to generate revenue. If you are planning to build your own crypto exchange – be it from ground zero or white label exchange software – follow a well-orchestrated approach to create crypto exchange platform that can bring you profits.
This log will guide you on how to make your own cryptocurrency exchange. Let’s delve into the step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Identify the type of exchange you want to launch
Identifying the type of crypto exchange that you want to launch and how to start it is crucial. To make this decision, it is important to understand the different types of exchange platforms in the first place.
- Centralized exchange: A centralized exchange involves a middleman or a third party for crypto transactions. This is why it is seen as a trustworthy exchange by traders. Since an intermediary is involved to handle the transactions in a centralized exchange, this type of exchange charges around 0.1-1.5 percent of the trading fee. It means that as an owner, if you choose this option to set up crypto exchange, you can earn through the trading fee. Besides, a centralized exchange offers high liquidity and is thus popular among traders.
- P2P exchange: AA P2P (Peer-to-Peer) exchange executes transactions without any third party involvement and connects the buyers and sellers directly. However, the third party comes into play for dispute redressal. This type of exchange is usually underpinned by a smart contract-based escrow system to drive trusted transactions. A P2P exchange is also popular among traders so it can also be an ideal option to create your own cryptocurrency exchange.
- Decentralized exchange: A decentralized exchange 9DEX) facilitates transactions without any intermediary. This type of exchange platform is not much prevalent, thus it lacks liquidity. However, if you plan to create a decentralized exchange, you can leverage better security than both centralized and P2P exchanges. A DEX platform is the best way to provide your users with transparent and secure trading. By hiring the best decentralized exchange development company, you can get a high-performance and secure platform in line with your needs.
In addition to these exchange types, you can choose to add the following modules into your exchange to make it more appealing to traders.
• Margin Trading Exchange: A margin trading exchange allows users go long or short on multiple cryptocurrencies. With margin trading, traders can leverage increased buying/selling power and can open positions that are much larger than their actual account balance. If you want to amplify an earning opportunity, it’s your time to build a margin trading exchange.
• Crypto Derivatives Exchange: A crypto derivative is tradable security or an automated financial contract between parties based on the price of the asset at a particular time in the future. It can be traded on both centralized and decentralized exchange plaforms. Exchange owners can leverage the potential of a cryptocurrency derivatives exchange to reach more investors. To build your own derivative platform, partnering with the best crypto derivative exchange development company is the best solution.
• NFT Exchange: NFT hysteria started with Cryptokitties, a non-fungible token that was developed on Ethereum. Since then, a lot has changed and blockchains like Binance Smart Chain (BSC), Tron, Cosmos, EssOS, Polkadot, and more have started supporting NFTs. With the increasing popularity of NFTs, the need to build NFT exchange and wallet has also increased. Once you have decided on the type of exchange you want to develop, find out whether you want to build cryptocurrency exchange website from scratch or rather go with white label crypto exchange software solution.
Step 2: Conduct thorough market research
Any project should be backed by a rigorous market research as it helps solidify your decisions. Do a complete research to identify the current crypto market trends and the anticipated price of cryptocurrencies in the year 2020. This will help you decide which cryptocurrencies should be listed on your exchange. In addition, find out what features do traders seek in a cryptocurrency exchange. After that, set up a crypto exchange by integrating the most sought-after features. It will help you acquire more users and amplify your revenue generation opportunities.
Step 3: Identify the location where you plan to launch your exchange
Take time to choose where you want to start your own crypto exchange. It makes sense to study the regulatory framework and government policy, and also find out if the country you are considering is receptive to cryptocurrency and has a vibrant ecosystem of crypto traders who will support your business.
The following crypto-friendly countries are worthy of consideration before you settle on your headquarter to build your own cryptocurrency exchange.
- Hong Kong
Step 4: Check out the jurisdictions of the country where you intend to launch your exchange
As governments across the globe continue to learn more about cryptocurrencies, they are formulating laws to regulate these digital currencies. While some governments are receptive to cryptocurrencies, others are hostile. It is imperative to uderstanding the regulations of the country where you plan to launch your crypto exchange – be it a custom exchange or white label crypto exchange software – is paramount. Failing to comply with these regulations can put you in trouble so make sure to have complete knowledge about the government policy and regulations before reaching a decision in your journey to develop crypto exchange.
Step 5: Hire a team of legal counselors
If you want to know how to start your own cryptocurrency exchange without any regulatory trouble, then make sure to consider the crucial regulatory aspects related to cryptocurrencies and an exchange in a particular country. It is always advisable to hire a legal team that can check out the regulations and guide you on how to build an exchange while adhering to all of these regulations, , especially if you are not from a legal background.
The regulations vary from country to country. In the year 2021, some governments may revise the existing laws and others may formulate new laws to regulate crypto, thus having a separate team to stay on top of crypto-related laws across various regions will help you make well-informed decisions while you set up own Bitcoin exchange.
Step 6: Identify the expected cost to build a crypto exchange
You need to hire a cryptocurrency exchange development company to build and launch your crypto exchange. Every company charges a different price for developing an exchange. Furthermore, the cost to build a crypto exchange depends on various factors like the technology on which the exchange will be built, the features that will be integrated into the exchange, and the type of exchange that you want to build. For example, building white label Bitcoin exchange software requires lesser cost compared to developing a crypto exchange from ground zero. Thus, identify your needs for an estimated cryptocurrency exchange development cost and make sure that you have the required funds.
Step 7: Shake hands with a reliable cryptocurrency exchange development company
The success of your project depends majorly on the development team so rely on a trusted crypto exchange development company. Find out if the company has real-world experience working on projects like yours and can answer any questions that you may have regarding a crypto market such as – how to create a crypto exchange, how much time it will take to launch an exchange, the features that can improve the performance of your exchange, and more. In addition, check the team of the company that you are considering hiring. Your chosen company should comprise the following experts:
- C-suite executives
- Subject matter experts
- Blockchain developers and designers
- Blockchain analysts
- Financial advisors
- Blockchain and crypto marketing experts
Step 8: Decide on the features that you want to integrate into your exchange
The features that you integrate into your crypto exchange will make or break your exchange. Reinforce your exchange with features that users seek in an exchange platform – these include the ones that enable secure, easy and quick trading.
It pays off to underpin a crypto exchange – both white label crypto exchange software and custom exchange – with the following features:
- Robust matching engine
- High liquidity options
- Instant KYC/AML verification
- Secure crypto wallet integration
- Bot integration
- Referral program
- Fund investment
- Multi-cryptocurrency support
- Multi-language support
- Leverage trading
- Market making
- Self-explanatory interface
In addition, it is equally important to achieve a high security for an exchange. Here are some security features that can be integrated into your exchange to fortify the security paradigm and achieve multi-layer security.
- HTTPS Authentication
- Data Encryption
- Jail Login
- SQL Injection
- HTTP Parameter Pollution Protection
- Anti Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
- Anti Denial of Service (DoS)
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) Protection
- Server-Side Request Forgery (SSRF) Protection
Step 9: Introduce your crypto exchange to your target audience
People won’t know unless you tell. You need to promote your crypto exchange to your target the right audience to gain traction and users. Your crypto exchange development company can assist you with marketing. Their proficient marketing team can devise intelligent marketing strategies to advertise your exchange to your intended audience. Leverage multi-channel marketing to build and expand your reach.
Here are some marketing strategies that can be followed to promote your exchange:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing on channels like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Telegram, and more
- Email marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- News and PR
- Forums like Bitcointalk, Cryptointalk, Reddit, Quora, and more
- Bounty programs
- Reputation management
Step 10: Deliver round-the-clock support
This is the most important step to create crypto exchange. The success of any business depends on its customers; if the customers are satisfied, the business is bound to succeed. Provide a 24*7 support to your exchange users. Have a team to quickly resolve any issues or errors that your users may have. This will help you build trust among your existing and potential users, enabling you to emerge as a reliable brand name.